Transcultures, interdisciplinary center for digital and sound cultures, is launching a call for projects for the 14th edition of its City Sonic – International Festival of Sound Arts, to be held in the city of Charleroi (Belgium) from 7 to 17 September 2017
Critères de sélection
- The call is open to any artist or group of artists (belgian or abroad)
- Any work or artistic project already produced (or in the course of finalization) where the sound is taken as a raw material of creation or presenting an original aesthetic / poetic approach can be submitted to this call: installations / sound performances / multimedia / interactive / immersive, application, virtual reality, geolocation, connected devices,…
- Particular attention will be paid to projects offering: an innovative approach, exploration of new forms of expression, personal/critical vision on various social/political/environmental issues …
- Proposals for short (preferably one day or half a day) workshops (with children, youngsters in our Sonic Kids programme) around the sound can also be submitted.
Soumission (uniquement par mail)
- A complete file of your project (with links or visuals or current or previous sound pieces if relevant)
- The expected budget for distribution or (co)production. Please add also any transportation costs (artist + artwork) and indicate if there is a possibility for external support on those transportation costs or not.
- A complete technical sheet (including material and personnel requirements, estimated time for the set up/dismantling of the work)
- deadline : 01.06.2017
- submission to send by mail :
- object of the mail : “City Sonic 2017 CALL”
City Sonic, Transcultures, City of Charleroi, Wallonia-Brussels Federation