In 2017, four Belgian, French, Slovenian and Romanian structures working for the development of puppetry arts joined together to create the Numeric’s Art Puppetry Project (N.A.P.P.) supported by the Creative Europe program.
This publication, co-directed by Françoise Flabat and Philippe Franck, and initiated by the Puppet Center of the Wallonia-Brussels Federation which piloted this prospective project, is intended to be both a feedback and an opening on the achievements, contributions and main challenges of this platform dedicated to the intersections between the arts of puppetry and digital creation.
In this perspective, it offers, in addition to a selection of testimonials from participants and visual documents on the projects carried out, background texts around these creations and augmented puppet devices which increasingly integrate virtual reality, robotics or even moving images made possible by digital technology, thus embodying new forms of multimedia writing, without forgetting the historical foundations.
- Co-direction : Françoise Flabat et Philippe Franck
- linkedin.com/françoise-flabat – philippefranck.eu
- Editions : Maison de la Marionnette. With the support of Transcultures.
- In the framework of Numeric’s Art Puppetry Project (N.A.P.P.) supported by the Creative Europe program
- maisondelamarionnette.be – napp2020.eu