In the framework of the European Park in progress and the next edition of the international festival of sound art City Sonic, proposed in September 2013 Mons, Transcultures, Centre of digital and sound arts, launches a call for projects/residences for the realizationof small forms/formats (performances, installations, concerts…) inter or multidisciplinary with a sound dimension.
please, read the details bellow before to answer to this call…
- Start of the residency period : August 28, 2013
- End of the residency period : September 5, 2013
- Place of the residence : Mons – Belgium
- Public presentation to the Nuit Européenne de la Jeune Création (European night of the young création) : September 6, 2013 in Jardin du Beffroy (garden of the belfry – in the evening).
- The proposal may come from individual European artist or a group of European artists
- inter/multidisciplinary projects must include sound.
- Particular attention will be given to young artists/cultural professionals and projects With a poetic dimension or innovative approach in the exploration of new forms of expression.
- The proposal may be an artistic adaptation or a new version of an existing work, but can’t be a simple distribution of an earlier project.
- The site specific participation must be thought and feasable for the specific site of the Jardin du Beffroy in Mons, the work must be thought for the outdoor and should be technically light, easily shown and removable
- The presentation of the project can be a « work in progress » and collaborative approaches with other artists/cultural professionals selected will be encouraged
- The final public presentation in the Jardin du Beffroy should not exceed 12 minutes (they will be included in walking tour)
- Each residency will not exceed 8 days before the final public presentation in Mons.
- Transcultures offers accommodation in Mons, technical support, communication support, Reimbursement of travel costs and participation in production costs up to 500 euros per project (the financial support for the collective projects will be discussed accordingto the needs and opportunities).Please answer to this call via this link.
You want to answer to this call ? Please consult this document
Park in progress is a European mobility programme (supported by the European Commission -culture programme) which brings together young artists and young creative professionals involved in the various stages of production of an artistic work around a commonproject that seeks transdisciplinarity, A Rich creative experience with artistic creation as means of exchanges and encounters. It is supported by 6 cosignatories on a 3-year period (1st May 2010 – 31st December 2013) : the Arts Council England East-Midland(Nottingham, United-Kingdom), Transcultures (Mons, Belgium), Luxembourgeoise d’Action Culturelle (Luxembourg), ARTos Foundation (Cyprus) and the Pépinières européennes pour jeunes artistes (Saint-Cloud, France). Park In Progress moves around 6 differentplaces in 6 different countries. At every very stop of this itinerary, the artists and young professionals from the creative world take hold of a park or a Green urban zone to create a site specific artistic itinerary , « PARKINPROGRESS », nourished by differentartistic propositions to share with the public. This creation nourishes itself from new proposals established on the encounter with artists and professionals from the hosting country, at every stage of the project.
Transcultures, Interdisciplinary Center for Sound and Electronic Cultures, created in 1996 (Mons – Belgium), organizes festivals, events, workshops, meetings… in Federation Wallonia-Brussels and internationally. The project we are looking for City Sonic mustbe related (openly) with sound. Mons is a beautiful city with the cultural heritage center. It will be the European Capital of Culture in 2015, located near the French border, 45 minutes by train or car from Brussels, 2 hours 30 minutes from Paris and 1 hourfrom Lille.