In the framework of the MAP programme (implemented by Pépinières européennes pour jeunes artistes), Transcultures, Interdisciplinary Center for Digital and Sound Cultures in association with the City of Mons and with the support of the Ministry of Culture of the Federation Wallonia-Brussels, launches a call for two artistic and creation residencies of 3 months (ending by the end of December 2014 maximum) to develop a new project in the field of digital & audio arts and/or new transdisciplinary and innovative practices.
vous pouvez consulter cet appel en français
About the residency
The project will be developed in the local area of Mons in close link with Transcultures and its partners. Particular attention will be given to media and/or sound projects or questioning networks (internet, social networks, wifi, bluetooth … ), Information Web feeds, (big) data visualization and projects related to current societal issues.
These creative residencies (two projects from two different artists will be welcomed at Transcultures in the latter half of 2014) will receive a grant to support the production of the project and cover the stay expenses (1250€ Euros per month – 3,750€ in total per project). Transcultures also provides housing in the centre of Mons, close to Transcultures offices, as well as technical and communication support.
About Pépinières européennes pour jeunes artistes
Pépinières européennes pour jeunes artistes (www.art4eu.net) have supported, for many years, young artists who develop new forms of expression by encouraging their mobility on the European art scene within a network currently established in 31 countries.
About the MAP programme
Pépinières’ MAP programme addresses emerging creators of all disciplines who are exploring new practices at the intersection of diverse forms of expression, with particular attention to the latest movements of today’s artistic scene. Designed to support young artists and creation and culture players in their professionalization, the program promotes a fruitful opening on the different forms of creation, the multiplicity of experiences, crossing artistic fields and mutual enrichment.
Who can apply?
Within the MAP programme initiated by Pépinières européennes pour jeunes artistes, this residency in Mons aims at young emerging artists from all expression areas, residing in the European Union, except Belgium. Previous winners of the MAP program cannot re-apply.
How to apply?
Application procedure (2 steps)
- 1.Sign up an complete the registration form on the website of the European Pepinières for young artists
- 2.Once the application form completed, send the documents listed below to Jacques Urbanska (firstname.lastname@example.org – object : MAP 2014 Residency)
Documents to be sent by email:
- a text with your artistic approach (1 page maximum in Word or PDF format)
- a text detailing your motivation for this residence in Mons at Transcultures (1 page maximum in Word or PDF format)
- a presentation of the project (maximum one page in Word or PDF format)
- a provisional technical specification sheet (maximum 1 page in Word or PDF format)
- a recent CV
- any relevant document that illustrates your approach: image links (Flickr or other) audio links (Soundcloud or other), video links (Vimeo , etc.).
These documents must be written in English or French. A jury of professionals of contemporary art and local partners will select the laureate in Mons project in July 2014. The result will be announced directly to candidates, and published on the websites of Pépinières européennes and Transcultures.
This call for proposals for the residencies in Mons at Transcultures is open until the 1st of July 2014.