For the very first time, Bright Festival invites experts, artists and professionals, from various sectors, to share their experience on different topics related to organizing a festival of lights.
The Bright Sessions offer participants the chance to discuss with leading speakers about light creation, sustainability and the organization of major events. One will come away with new sources of inspiration and a full address book.
Program for this 2024 session
- 09:00-09:45 Doors open
- 9:45 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Opening speech
- 10:00-11:00 a.m. Round table on lighting of heritage sites
- 11:00-11:30 a.m. Coffee break
- 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Short sessions: Belgian and international artists
- 12:30-2:00 p.m. Lunch
- 2:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m. Round table on art and new technologies
- 3:00 p.m.-3:30 p.m. Coffee break
- 3:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m. Short sessions: Innovative and inspiring themes
- 4:30 p.m.-6:00 p.m. Cocktail
Are you looking to get inspired while expanding your professional network? Then the Bright Sessions are for you!
Transcultures @ Brigth Sessions
14 > 15:00 |Round Table : Contemporary artistic creation at the crossroads of light, moving images and technologies
Light art, which is at the heart of the Bright festival, represents an artistic field at the crossroads of contemporary visual arts, technologies and light. This artistic field focuses on the intentional use of light as a primary means of artistic expression, exploring its aesthetic, symbolic and perceptual qualities. Light art has its origins in early 20th century art movements, such as futurism and constructivism, but has undergone a significant renaissance in the digital age, with the advent of new lighting and projection technologies. This multidisciplinary art form encompasses a diverse range of creative practices, from immersive and interactive installations to light performances and architectural projections.
During this round table, intended for both initiates and neophytes wishing to understand the sometimes complex dynamics that shape contemporary visual arts, the speakers will share examples of works and artists as well as their perspectives on these artistic practices.
- Juliette Bibasse, independent digital art curator and co-director of the Studio Joanie Lemercier (BE)
- Marie du Chastel, curator specializing in digital art and new media and artistic director of KIKK (BE)
- Ludovic Burczykowski, artist-researcher (FR)
- Thomas Israël, multimedia artist (BE)
- 16.02.2024 | Bright Session
- BIP, Salle des Guichets
- 2-4 rue Royale – Bruxelles
- Sessions price : 60 euros
- B2B event – registration required
The Bright Festival lights up your evenings from February 15 to 18, 2024
For four magical evenings, the Brussels Festival of Lights will guide you through two of the capital’s emblematic neighbourhoods: the Royal Quarter and the European Quarter. Rediscover the city through some thirty poetic works created by artists from all over the world. This year’s event also promises to shine the spotlight on Europe and its values, in conjunction with the Belgian Presidency of the Council of the European Union.
Alongside these artistic installations, an equally illuminating fringe programme of guided tours, live entertainment and heritage illuminations punctuates the festival. Oh, and there’s something new for this edition: a children’s zone for your little ones, from 17:30 to 22:00, so that they too can experience the magic of light this winter.
Bright Festival is an immersive, artistic experience right in the heart of the capital of Europe, it’s a must!