In the framework of the European programme “Park in progress” and the next edition of the international festival of sound art “City Sonic” that will take place in September 2013 in Mons, Transcultures launches a call for projects/residences for the production of small forms (performances, installations, concerts…) inter or multidisciplinary with a sound approach.
Through the European project “Park in progress”, around twenty interdisciplinary artists will be in residency in the Jardin du Beffroi and will present their projects on the evening of the 7th of September 2013 during the European Night of the Young Production (Nuit Européenne de la Jeune Création).
- Open call: on the 1st of May, 2013
- Deadline: on the 6th of June, 2013
- Announcement of the selection: on the 20th of June, 2013
- Residency: from the 1st to the 7th of September, 2013
- European Night of the Young Production: on the 7th of September, 2013
- The project may be led by an individual European artist or a group of European artists or young European professionals of arts and culture
- The project has to be interdisciplinary with a sound approach (linked to “City Sonic).
- A focus is made on projects with a poetic value or an innovative process in the approach or in new forms of art expression.
- The artistic project may be an adaption or a new version of a former piece. It cannot just be the presentation of the piece as it already is.
- The project should be designed specifically for the Jardin du Beffroi in Mons. It will so be an outdoor piece with a light technical rider (“easy to set up”).
- The piece can also be a “work in progress” as we encourage collaborative projects that create links between the other selected artists and professionals.
- The public presentation will take place in the Jardin du Beffroi and should not last more than 12 minutes (it is part of a timed night walk).
- Each residency should not last more than 7 days in Mons.
Transcultures offers accommodation in Mons, technical support, communication and the reimbursement of the travel costs. It will also cover the production costs up to 500 Euros per project (for the collaborative projects, the envelop will be discussed according to the specificity of each project).
⚠ To apply, please consult this document ⚠
“Park in progress” is a European programme for mobility supported by the European Commission (the EAC-Culture 2007-2013 Programme) that aims to connect the main cities of several European countries. It so participates to the coming up of a community of artists and professionals from the creative world who are able to work together on transdisciplinary productions at a European and international scale. For each stage, the artists and/or the professionals work in a park or a green city area.
They create an artistic walk and share their projects with the audience.The former editions of “Park in progress” took place in Saint-Cloud/France, Nottingham/UK, Pannonhalma/Hungary. In September 2013, a new edition will be held in Mons/Belgium; in 2014, “Park in progress” will come to Berlin/Germany, Cyprus (place to come) and Luxemburg/Luxemburg).
Transcultures – Mons
Transcultures is an interdisciplinary centre dedicated to media and sound art. Founded in 1996 and located in Mons (Belgium), Transcultures organizes festivals, events and workshops in the Fédération Wallonie-Bruxelles and at an international scale.
Mons is a very nice city with a cultural heritage centre. It will be the European Capital of Culture in 2015. Mons is located near the French border, 45 minutes from Brussels (by train or car), 1 hour from Lille and 2h30 from Paris.
Discover Park in progress with the teaser of edition 4, Saint Cloud, Juillet 2011