Conceived by Rhizome (a Quebec organization defending living literature in connection with other contemporary disciplines) and Transcultures (Center for Digital and Sound Cultures-Charleroi), the Ecritures project intends – since 2014- to call, alternately between the Federation Wallonia-Brussels and Quebec, the poetic language and literary in all its forms.
This year, in partnership with the Center for Interuniversity Research on Quebec Culture and Literature (CRILCQ), the “Ecritures” event includes :
- three creative residencies on literature and sound : Chantal Neveu/Qc + Nicolas Tardy/Fr + Meriol Lehmann/Qc/CH, Vincent Tholomé + Maja Jantar/Be, Vanessa Bell + Étienne Baillargeon/Qb
- one day brainstorming (at Maison de la littérature) between creators and academics on the theme ‘Bring literature out of the book by digital’
- session 1 ‘Text as art’ with Joanne Lalonde (researcher UQAM/Qc), Mériol Lehmann (sound artist Qc/CH)
- session 2 ‘Machine the litterature’ with Ariane Savoie (researcher UCL-Be), Daniel Canty (writer, filmmaker/Qc), Philippe Franck (director of Transcultures-Be)
- session 3 “Mediations” with Jean-Marc Larure (AITU-IUTA Fr/Qc), Jonathan Lamy (writer, Qc)
- session 4 ‘Interfaces’ with Bertrand Gervais (research laboratory NT2/Qc), Simon Dumas (Rhizome/Qc)
- round table ‘Which digital writing(s)?’ with Bertrand Gervais, Philippe Franck, Joanne Lalonde, Daniel Canty – moderators/ René Audet (CRILCQ) & Simon Dumas (writer, artistic director of Rhizome).
- ‘Spectacle’, a poetic video installation by Philippe Franck in collaboration with Zoé Tabourdiot and with French writer Charles Pennequin will be shown at Maison de la Littérature from November 28 to December 3.
- 28.11 > 03.12.017
- Maison de la littérature, 40 Rue Saint-Stanislas, Québec
- La Chambre blanche et coopérative Meduse, Québec
production Rhizome, Transcultures and CRILCQ. In partnership and support of Avatar, la Chambre Blanche, L’Exil, la Maison de la littérature of the Quebec, The Maison de la poésie de Nantes, Littérature québécoise mobile and Best Western – Centre-ville Québec.
With the financial support of : Entente de développement culturel MCCQ – Ville de Québec, Conseil des arts et des lettres du Québec, Conseil des arts du Canada, ville de Nantes, Institut français, Wallonie-Bruxelles International and Ministère des Relations internationales et de la Francophonie.