The first phase of the digital creation/research residency exchange between Transcultures (Be) and La Chambre Blanche (Qc) associates the Belgian multimedia and sound artist Alain Wergifosse with the Quebec art historian/curator Anne-Sophie Blanchet. Alain Wergifosse has been interested in optical physics, focusing in particular on light and its different manifestations. Time, movement and colors are all avenues of exploration, both empirical and conceptual which, in the long term, should give rise to the creation of an unprecedented immersive and interactive installation.
For the end of this ‘Vice Versa’ residency at Transcultures, Alain Wergifosse offers a multimedia album called “Flux & Densities” on the Transonic label managed by Transcultures. This includes a video resulting from the artist’s first experiments within the framework of this project (it is therefore not the final work, but a privileged foray into his creative process), a podcast by Alain Wergifosse interviewed by Anne-Sophie Blanchet (exploring some of her influences and sources of inspiration up to some of the major concepts that cross her practice and her current research for the Flux & Densities project) as well only original sound pieces.
- Résidences croisées Vice <-> Versa 2020-21
- 1ère phase @ Transcultures – La Louvière (2020)
- 2ème phase @ La Chambre Blanche – Québec (2021)
- alainwergifosse.com – Alain Wergifosse Youtube
- Transcultures, La Chambre Blanche
- In the framework of : Commission mixte permanente (CMP) Québec/Wallonie-Bruxelles.
- With the support of :Wallonie-Bruxelles International, du Ministère de la Culture de la Fédération Wallonie-Bruxelles.
- La Ville de Québec, le Conseil des arts et des lettres du Québec, ministère de la Culture et des Communications de Québec, ministère des Relations internationales et de la Francophonie de Québec, Conseil des Arts du Canada et des Pépinières Européennes de Création.
- transcultures.be – chambreblanche.qc.ca