In partnership with the network of European Pepinieres of Creation and Transcultures, Château Éphémère is launching for the 9th year its call for projects “Digital Arts, Sound Art & New Writings” for the 2024/25 season. Every project involving innovative digital practices and sound art in its creation process is eligible.
- 500€ for each residence
- 1 to 2 additional European Pepinieres Creation grants of €500 (incl. VAT) will be awarded to the selected laureats. Dissemination opportunities in Belgium may also be considered with our partner Transcultures, Center for digital and sound cultures based in Wallonia.
Château Éphémère provides for the possibility of hosting, outside the quota, several projects that would present strong synergies with the artistic line of the place under the same conditions except for the allocation of the production grant.
Deadline : March 15, 2024
Set in a patrimonial landmark in the French Yvelines (78), Château Éphémère opened 8 years ago and is now a place dedicated to digital creation and specialized in sound innovation in all its forms. Its objectives are threefold:
- To offer residency opportunities to digital artists, developers and all other digital creators.
- To promote and share with the public new practices of creation linked to technological innovation, through our artistic programming and a wide range of workshops open to everyone, regardless of age or qualifications.
- To open a pleasant place revolving around a café, a restaurant and the digital open-source culture.
The project, supported by the Communauté Urbaine du Grand Paris Seine et Oise and the Région Ile de France, was initiated by Usines Éphémères and Musiques et Culture Digitales.
As part of its artist-in-residence program, Château Éphémère launches its call for applications, which aims at supporting digital and sound art creation
Every project involving innovative digital practices and sound art in its creation process is eligible. Projects can be submitted by an artist, a collective and a producing or distribution organization.
The jury will pay particular attention to projects that :
- develop actions destined to the local population (workshops, meetings, etc).
- reflect on ecology, whether through the choice of materials used in the conception of the creation and/or through the subject of the project developed in residence.
Every residency session can lead to a public performance.
Conditions of stay
- Each one of the 12 selected projects will be hosted for 1 month between September 2024 and July 2025.
- The provision of a working space, accommodations, and full access to Château Éphémère’s technical equipment (download here the technical inventory).
- Projects holders will also benefit from the expertise of our technical director as well as our fabmanager de- pending on their availability.
- Laureates will also receive a €500 grant (taxes in- cluded).
- Within the framework of our partnership with the Pé- pinières Européennes de Création , one or two additional grants, worth €500 (taxes included) each, will be attributed to one or two projects. Opportunities for dissemination in Belgium may also be envisaged with our partner Transcultures, a center for digital and sound cultures based in Wallonia.
Château Éphémère offers the following working spaces :
- 1 Main Studio of 70m2 , equiped with technical grid and an octophonic system
- 3 Workshops from 18m2 to 25m2
- 2 Music Studios of 20m2 and 45m2
- 1 Writer’s Room of 42m2
- 1 Recording Studio (sound booth of 45m2 ), available under conditions
- 1 FabLab (shared space)
- Check the application and more info on the Château Éphémère Website;
- An artistic file;
- A statement of maximum 2 pages describing your project, its link with our structure and/or our territory and publics, its provisional schedule, your partners (potential and acquired) and the nature of their support;
- Your predicted technical needs.
Château Éphémère – Sound & digital factory
Supported by the Greater Paris Seine & Oise Urban Community, the Château Vanderbilt rehabilitation project was awarded to the Caserne Éphémère association, which for more than 25 years has been pursuing the objective of transforming abandoned spaces into places of artistic imagination. Two years of study were necessary to revive this Anglo-Norman residence and give it an innovative artistic boost. Only 3 years, to pass from the stage of reflection realization.
Place of residences and digital creation, Château Éphémère has offered, since November 2014 and over 2000 m2, more than a dozen workshops with a creative vocation, artistic residences, a digital laboratory as well as spaces for transmission and exchange.
Once a year, Château Éphémère launches a open call for candidatures to sound and digital artists wishing to benefit from privileged support which combines production grants, workspace, accommodation and the provision of a quality technical park. However, throughout the year, the Château Éphémère welcomes artists carrying out innovative projects and needing space to carry it out for shorter periods.