« Les Ateliers de l’Universel », in partnership with “European Pepinieres de Creation”, is launching an international call for projects aimed for contemporary visual artists and focusing on the concept of the “Universal”, with 15,000 Euros to be divided between the laureats.
Dealine : 15th June 2019
All information on this call can be found on the the Pepinieres Website
This international call for proposals targeting contemporary visual artists, with the aim of highlighting one or more artworks that would symbolize both a richness of diversity and demonstrate an “attachment to universal values”.
The purpose of this call for proposals is:
- to select a work that will become the emblem to represent the association and which will also represent its values;
- to select one or more works to exhibit at the “Universal” event in November 2019, at the Musée de l’Homme, in Paris, initiated and produced by “Les Ateliers de l’Universel”.
Laureates & Endowment
Between one and three works will be selected as winning pieces from this open call for proposals. The artwork which wins first prize, will be selected to become one emblem of the association itself, and will be ceded to the association “Ateliers de l’Universel”, upon winning.
The author(s) of the laureate artworks will each receive an endowment. The total amount of the endowment will be 15,000 Euros and will be distributed by the jury, during the deliberation process. The laureate of the first prize will receive at least 10,000 euros.
Fields of expression
The visual arts and art practices culminating into aesthetic or poetic representation, through form, volume, and prioritizing painting, sculpture, photography, and installations…
Application process and other requirements
The closing date of the call: June 15, 2019.
All information to participate in this call for projects can be found here below within the following regulations.
Context of the call
“Les Ateliers de l’Universel” is an initiative launched by partners and actors working in relation to the “ExpoFrance” association, following the end of France’s candidacy project for the “2025 World Exhibition”, by the government in 2018. The aim is to open debates on the ‘values of universality’ and make proposals about the mobilization of the major universal and contemporary issues to reinvent a model of World Expo, that can be adapted to the values and challenges of the contemporary world.
“Financial crises, migratory tensions, the disruption of the environment, the race for technology or radicalization of ideologies must now encourage us, more than ever, to re-examine the values and issues that we share. It is imperative for the world, if we do not want it to retract or lose its sense of diversity which underlies its richness”,
President of Ateliers de l’Universel
One goal: to put the Universal back into public debate
In this context, it is time to put forth the values of audacity, sharing, of universality and innovation. There are challenges on the ecological, migratory, technological, and urban levels: the world thinks today as a whole: “Think Global but Act Local”. We often share the same products, the same services, the same brands, the same points. Our societies are standardized, and the same is so of our problems and challenges.
To share and re-share like-minded ideals, the prompting of essential questions about issues for our future, and to open debates which allow every person to contribute to it, are what “Les Atelier de l’Universel” (Workshops of the Universal) puts into play.
A series of concrete actions led by “Les Ateliers de l’Universel”
The association are revolving around four components:
- An online exchange platform “lesateliersdeluniversel.org” whereby many personalities and anonymous people may speak on the notion of the universal;
- A series of events, meetings and round table discussions organized in several countries, to discuss values and universal issues and to create propositions for action;
- A major international event called “Universal” to be held in Paris in 2019, at the Musée de l’Homme, which will bring together personalities and universes from four corners of the Earth, for the ‘imperativeness’ of universality, and forms of possible mobilization;
- Finally, a collection of writings made from and about the series of debates, and a ‘call for the universal’… giving a solution to this project, widely distributed at the end of 2019.
- Dealine : 15.06.2019
- infos & submission
- pepinieres.eu – lesateliersdeluniversel.org
- A partnership Les Ateliers de l’Universel – Pépinières Européennes de Création