Launched by Transcultures at the occasion of Transnomades 2013 (Quinzaine Numériques of the Federation Wallonia- Brussels), the Transnumeriques Awards* – Art(s) & Network(s) intend to stimulate the online artistic creation giving it greater visibility .
The first laureats was Anne Roquigny & James Hudson, (for the WJs) ; The Le Clair/Obscur compagny ; Peter Friess et the Okus Compagny for the emergences.
The 2014 edition was focused to artworks created to be broadcasted via the web and displayed on a screen (gifs/glitches, Neen Art, memes, web platforms…).
- The winners of the Transnumeriques Awards 2014 exhibited at VIA in a gallery of the Maison Fole was :
- Fabien Zocco (Fr): mixing computing programming and electronics, sound, image or objects, the artistic work of Fabien Zocco focuses on our technological contemporaneity. .
- Jim Punk (anonymous): prolific and anonymous web artist since the early 2000s, he participated in many festivals around the world.
- The m0us310n.net / mon3y.us project: an independent initiative put together by the anonymous curator ‘Vasily Zaitsev’ to promote and support Net Art & Digital Art.
Associated with these Transnumeriques Awards 2014 and Festival VIA, there was also:
- A special Gif Art exhibition featuring The Poietic Generator, a connected participatory artwork of the artist/researcher Olivier Auber (Fr)
- A didactic Net Art exhibition : spamm.be an online platform that presents a series of works showing the international diversity of today connected/media art, with also a selection of critical tools. spamm.be was launched in 2013 by Transcultures , in collaboration with the artists Systaime (founder of the Super Modern Art Museum – spamm.fr) and Jacques Urbanska.
- To raise public awareness, Jacques Urbanska welcomed the visitors to its Web <iframes> matrix. These presentations and open workshops aimed to introduce the public to the creative diversity of Net Art (in the framework of the European project nomade and the Nomades numériques initiative, a series of digital arts workshops organised by le manège.mons in collaboration with Transcultures).
* previously Mobile Awards